Lil'Nouns Voting Bulletin Board

Hey all, to introduce myself I’m the founder of RabbitHole and have been a member of Lil’Nouns over the past month. I believe that broadening ownership of Nouns is one of the most impactful things happening in crypto today.

That being said, the way of currently doing things is not productive or sustainable. Many ideas are getting lost on Discord, and it’s extremely hard to participate as a new community member. The Lil’Nouns community are learning the same hard problems that many other DAOs face.

After talking to some community members and joining the first community call, I whipped up some exploratory designs on what a “community bulletin board” would look like.

Overview:

Currently, there is no place to dump ideas for wanting to improve the community. Discord is too hectic and Discourse is too formal. There are hundreds of people who have ideas on how to improve the community with no outlet. Meanwhile, there is no easy way for non-developers to participate in the community.

The Bulletin Board is the easiest place for the Lil’Nouns community to coordinate with one another. Anyone with a Lil’Noun can post an idea on how to improve the community. Lil’Noun holders can upvote or downvote ideas according to the amount of NFTs that they own.

V1:

• Members can either propose new ideas, or vote on new ideas.
  • Every idea requires 280 max characters for the title and 2500 words max for the idea.
  • Anyone with an NFT can comment on the idea.

V2:

• Members can propose tags for ideas or add tags to existing ideas.
  • Members can earn reputation for submitting and voting on ideas, displayed on profiles and can be used for proof-of-contribution

End Goal:

The end goal is to create the easiest way for members of the community to be engaged. Instead of joining the discord as the primary action, members should instead start building reputation by creating new ideas and voting. These idea blocks can be used in temperature checks and on-chain profiles in the future.

Ask: While I don’t have time or resources to build this because I’m fully dedicated to RabbitHole, I think it would be a great idea for the community to expand upon this and fund it with a grant. I’ve already started to design some sketches what the V1 of this could look like.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

7 Likes

love this. super excited to see this in action. appreciate your continued effort to help make the dao more efficient and accessible

1 Like

Love this. Love Rabbithole too.

Would love to see how Rabbithole and lil-nouns can work together to educate and upskill web3 learners about NFT, DAO and governance.

Also, would like to take a moment to appreciate your efforts in web3 education and credentials. You are awesome @lil_jamm

Definitely love this idea. What we talk about onchain profile right now, most project are refers to the NFT and token you are holding, the DeFi or other Web3 protocol you have interacted with.

There are two problems in this way. 1) Those data only reflect a very small part of a people’s behavior. 2) Most people who are actively building onchain profile are airdrop hunters.

The token gated bulltein board idea is not only a way to bring idea to more community members’ attention, but also a chance to put meaningful behavior data onchain.

I appreciate the effort you put into this proposal! Building on-chain reputation based on contributions to the community would help us identify and rewards members based on their effort and skills.

If the end goal is creating the easiest way for members of the community to be engaged, how could Bulletin Board be integrated on Discord? The majority of engagement today happens on Discord. It’s far from perfect, but the friction of introducing another platform may lead to fragmented engagement.

If the end goal is creating the easiest way for members of the community to be engaged, how could Bulletin Board be integrated on Discord? The majority of engagement today happens on Discord. It’s far from perfect, but the friction of introducing another platform may lead to fragmented engagement.

I would first try this out with a select number of users and if there’s strong evidence that this could lead to better outcomes of the DAO, I would advocate for the entire DAO to use it almost exclusively and put some amount of incentives towards this.

I think if any crypto community is to crack the code on scaling DAOs to more than 100 people, it would be Lil’Nouns. Tangentially, I would encourage the Lil’Nouns community to put more of their efforts and resources towards experiments that help push the DAO space forward

I support experimentation that can help Lil’Nouns scale and agree we have a unique opportunity here.