Outreach and representation by necfas

What is your project in 100 characters or less?

OUTREACH and REPRESENTATION for Lil Nouns in web3/LATAM communities and the Dominican Republic.

Follow-up and adaptation adjusted from my 1-month pilot since my scope has changed. (https://discourse.lilnouns.wtf/t/starting-spanish-community-onboarding-and-expansion/218/2).

What’s the most significant way this will benefit Lil Nouns DAO?

The most significant way this will benefit Lil Nouns is through expansion and proliferation in the Dominican Republic and LATAM.

In the past month, I have become the go-to person in the Dominican Republic and one of the go-to persons in the LATAM community regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns.

I am an active participant looking to proliferate Lil Nouns/Nouns with everything I do. Through twitter spaces, presentations, panels of discussion, and conversations, I’ve promoted Lil Nouns and am actively onboarding new builders into our community.

I am essentially growing the BRAND in web3 and outside of web3, proliferating it to the real world and creating web3 to IRL connections.

What stage is the project in its lifecycle?

• It is completed continuously every month.

What have you done so far?

PAST MONTH PROGRESS:

• Done weekly Twitter spaces with more than 15-20 (20-50 in total and growing) simultaneous attendees.
  • I reached out to 3 different communities to speak on Lil Nouns and what’s happening in our community. (DENFTDAO, PAISANODAO, MONA COLLECTIVE)
  • Worked/will keep working with NounsDAOAmigos as a Lil Noun representative to include us in their plans to expand Nouns into LATAM.
  • I have had two presentations with other communities regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns and how they can join it.
  • I had a panel of discussion with PAISANODAO regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns.
  • I have been a special guest for Noun O Clock.
  • Twitter spaces with PAISANODAO and DENFTDAO about LilNouns/Nouns.
  • I started the MUCHO LOVE volunteering project.
  • I Advised DENFTDAO on their first prop to acquire 10 Lil Nouns for their community to interact and build with Lil Nouns DAO.

High-Level Plan - Roadmap/Key Deliverables

My high-level plan is to Nounify the Dominican Republic, after that LATAM.

The weekly twitter spaces allow me to meet more people involved in the WEB3 community and connect with more members. I am also actively reaching out to other communities to keep expanding and proliferating the meme. While proactively looking into ways to educate and onboard people into the ecosystem.

Key Deliverables:

(Might transform as time goes on, the scope might change as I find where my work is most efficient)

• Weekly twitter spaces in Spanglish (Proliferator Space).
  • Outreach to different communities and key players in the WEB3 space to educate them on everything Lil Nouns.
  • Be an advisor to DAOs, communities, and individuals who want to get involved with Lil Nouns, needing someone to guide them into it. (DENFTDAO, MONA.COLLECTIVE, PAISANODAO)
  • Keep expanding into other communities, formats, and ways that will proliferate the meme.
  • Creating my “OUTREACH/ONBOARDING MASTER PLAN”, a doc that will be replicable by any community aiding the onboarding of new members. This will keep developing as time goes on.

Every month I would like monthly checkups with anyone who wants to give me feedback on my work and the value output I’m producing.

Who is the team delivering this project?

• Myself

What experience qualifies you to deliver on this project?

I am a Medical Student who has invested the last two and a half months in investing all of his free time into this ecosystem.

Experience:

• Weekly twitter spaces representing Lil Nouns/Nouns.
  • I am actively teaching and onboarding new people into the ecosystem.
  • I am actively DAOs and interested people in why they should buy Lil Nouns.
  • I am representing Lil Nouns and LATAM in other twitter spaces like Noun O Clock.
  • Part of the biggest WEB3 community in the Dominican Republic. (Mona.Collective)
  • Part of the biggest DAO in the Dominican Republic. (DENFTDAO)

Also, WHY?

This fund isn’t only a payroll; you’re investing in me. You’re betting I’ll be able to do great things now and in the future. You’re investing in someone who will always represent Lil Nouns everywhere. I’m not here to flip or make fast money. I play long-term games with long-term people. I’m not here to do anything. I’m specifically here to build.

How much ETH are you asking for?

3.3 ETH as compensation.

Will you require additional funding after this?

Yes, 3.3 ETH monthly with checkups to determine progress/output value.

Have you received/requested funding for this idea elsewhere?

• No
2 Likes

Who exactly has said you are the one of the go-to persons in the LATAM community regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns?

30 Days ago you received 2 ETH to ‘onboard’ Spanish speakers and in that time:

The only people I have seen onboarded are your friends for DR, and a couple Latino folks who found their way to the Discord naturally.

The #Spanish discord channel is pretty much dead, with very little activity.

0 LATAM prop.houses/ Lil grants you promoted

0 LATAM artist joined

0 LATAM developers

0 LATAM on chain proposals

Your Twitter Spaces which I have listen to the recording of, are extremely dull. Barely 5 people join every session, and it’s basically talking about how ‘early we are’ with the same people every time.

I don’t mind residency salary (which is what this is, despite you claiming its not) but I do mind residency salary on the back of the LATAM community.

As a Latino, I take this subject very seriously. There is very little LATAM presence in the Lil Nouns community, and you asking for 3.3 ETH is absurd, in my opinion.

We could literally use those 3 ETH to fund:

LATAM Prop house round.
LATAM art contest
LATAM developer contest
Sweep floor and LATAM giveaway.

These ideas have further reach and onboarding than centralizing a ‘go to person’

We could use those funds to actually help the LATAM community instead of investing in a 'medical student who is doing this part time".

First of all, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking your time to read through this and write about everything you needed to say about it.

Question 1: Who exactly has said you are one of the go-to persons in the LATAM community regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns?

Response: As one of the most active members of the LATAM community in Lil Nouns, I have naturally been attracting people into having conversations regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns. For example, I am activating conversations in Mona.Collective and DENFTDAO (The two most significant communities of the Dominican Republic), leading their members to participate in Lil Nouns and the other to propose buying Lil Nouns for DAO to DAO participation. And regarding LATAM as a whole, I was responsible for panels of discussions with PAISANODAO (one of the biggest LATAM DAOs) regarding Lil Nouns/Nouns, its potential, and how the protocol can be used differently.

I’m currently focused on the DR? Yeah, I don’t see a problem with it; it’s my country, and I’m starting to test how I can onboard, teach, and guide in the most efficient way possible. Things like this don’t happen overnight; it takes time and effort to do something like this properly.

Statement 1: 30 Days ago you received 2 ETH to ‘onboard’ Spanish speakers and in that time: 1. The only people I have seen onboarded are your friends for DR and a couple Latino folks who found their way to the Discord naturally. 2. The #Spanish discord channel is pretty much dead, with very little activity. 3. 0 LATAM prop.houses/ Lil grants you promoted. 4. 0 LATAM developers. 5. LATAM on chain proposals.

Response: As I mentioned in the current prop, my scope changed entirely from what it was a month ago. I ended up doing more outreach and representation than onboarding.

1. Yes, the majority of people you’ve seen are from DR; as I previously mentioned is my native country and the one I am planning to Nounify first.
  2. #Spanish channel might not be the most active, but my role isn’t marketing; it’s there for anyone who comes or wants to join. + Most of the people I’ve onboarded are bilingual, so I understand there isn’t currently a lot of activity on the channel. I would love to know if you might know anyone who would be interested in marketing Lil Nouns to LATAM; it would be amazing.
  3. One prop house (https://prop.house/proposal/642) would’ve loved more but understanding the ecosystem and protocol is more important than getting into building right away (remember, I’ve just been doing this for one month, so two prop house rounds).
  4. I have onboarded dre#6368 into Lil Nouns. He’s a developer, and I can proudly say he was onboarded successfully and currently working on the DataPod.
  5. Yes, you’re right, no on-chain proposals. Eventually, we’ll get there.

Statement 2: Your Twitter Spaces which I have listen to the recording of, are extremely dull. Barely 5 people join every session, and it’s basically talking about how ‘early we are’ with the same people every time.

Response: I’ll assume you’re making things up since I speak to different people weekly, and around 20-50 end up joining. How early are we? I talk on anything Nounish, explain to anyone who has questions, and ask participants questions that come up to me on the spot about them or what they do. My entire goal with the spaces is to meet new players who are part of the space, educate people in Lil Nouns/Nouns, and let anyone know I’m one dm away from anything they might need, onboarding them if they are interested.

Statement 3: As a Latino, I take this subject very seriously. There is very little LATAM presence in the Lil Nouns community, and you asking for 3.3 ETH is absurd, in my opinion.

Response: I’m thrilled you do, and so do I. It’s still a work in progress; that’s why I am making this prop, it’s going to take some time, but we will get places. The 3.3 ETH are compensation for mainly five things:

• Weekly twitter spaces.
  • Outreach and representation of Lil Nouns for different WEB3 communities.
  • Guiding/helping/educating new builders that come from those communities.
  • I am expanding my reach through more formats (Podcasts, presentations, discussion panels, meetings, and IRL events).
  • Creating an Onboarding Master Plan from all the input I get with every new person I present Lil Nouns to.

Statement 4:

We could use those 3 ETH to fund:

LATAM Prop house round. LATAM art contest. LATAM developer contest. Sweep floor and LATAM giveaway. These ideas have further reach and onboarding than centralizing a ‘go-to person’.

Response: Yeah, we can. I don’t see how me doing this is taking away 3 ETH to fund all of those things^. My scope is outreach and making WEB3 to IRL connections, not marketing or community manager. The more people become interested in helping their LATAM community, the better. Do you want to team up and figure something out together? I’m up for it; let’s do it. Do you know people that would love to make marketing efforts to expand Nounish to LATAM? Please get them!

This is a positive sum game.

Statement 6:

We could use those funds to actually help the LATAM community instead of investing in a 'medical student who is doing this part time".

Response: I don’t see how being a medical student is a problem value is value, and work is work. Also, nothing that time management can’t solve. This is a discourse proposition; some people have been closely following my work for the previous month, and they’ll know if it’s worth it or not.

space4
space3
space2
space1

Here are ss from the spaces I’ve done.

1 Like

Firs of all, don’t ever accuse me of ‘making thing up’.
Here are different Spaces of yours taken at the half way mark. It’s 6 people tops, and most all people just repeat. YOUR STAGE IS EMPTY. You are suppose to be onboarding/proliferating and it’s the same people over and over.

Second, your entire post is just a bunch of empty words.
“Outreach” “Representation” “Guiding” “Education”
We (latinos) are not idiots. We don’t need you holding our hand while you ‘guide us’ through Lil Nouns. All Latinos need is an introduction to the Lil Nouns, we can ask for help with the rest.

Third, I run the NFTs Latinoamérica group which currently has 2,258 members. I know Latino artist, developers, influencers, and the entire LATAM NFT community. We have all been busting our asses for the last couple years to grow in the NFT scene.
NO ONE has ever mention you, or the Lil Nouns. IDK where you get off saying you have ‘become the go-to person’ in the LATAM community for Lil Nouns/Nouns when I have never heard of you until like a month ago.
NFT Latam stared with just a couple of us on Clubhouse and we have worked so hard to make it what it is now.

Your proposal boils down to:

3.3 ETH MONTHLY to hold Twitter Spaces (In Spanglish, not even Spanish)
The rest ( Guiding, helping, educating, expanding) is just bunch of non concrete ideas. It’s just a bunch of ‘ways’ you can ‘help’ the poor Latino folk who don’t know anything.

Lastly, since all of this is just my opinion, there is one concrete thing.

The 2 ETH that you received 30 days you resulted in:
4 Spaces
Onboarded your friends from Dominican Republic
Onboarded 1 developer.

Now you are asking for 3.3 ETH MONTHLY to continue the idea that you are the 'face of the LATAM community" for the Lil Nouns/Nouns. If this is the case…

THIS NEED TO BE ON CHAIN.

Don’t try to weasel your way for residency through Lil Grants with monthly “checkups”. That is a complete scam.
If you are so sure this project (Holding 4 Twitter Spaces) is worth for 3.3 ETH a month, then the entire DAO needs to have an opinion on the matter. Residency needs to be discussed ON CHAIN. Don’t add some bullshit ‘you are investing in me’ line because there is NO VALUE in your results for actual LATAM PEOPLE.

I won’t tolerate the LATAM community to be used as an excuse for your own personal source of income from the Lil Nouns, while you only onboard your friends from Dominican Republic and forget about the entire rest of the Latino NFT community. The fact that you admitted to this and don’t see anything wrong with it is troubling to say the least.

1 Like

gm Necfas,

Thank you for your patience on this. After long consideration and discussion with the signers, we are not going to be able to fund this request. We love what you are working on to proliferate the meme to the DR and help onboard Spanish speakers, but we cannot set a precedent for all international proliferators that we can put them on monthly retainers to continue onboarding. Across our 6 international communities, this would cost us ~20 eth per month. In the current NFT climate and with our recent revenue/projections, we need to have a very lean group of core contributors.

My personal recommendation for you going forward would be to create smaller tangible deliverables and go for Prop House rounds to get funding, or to come up with a larger series of tangible deliverables that could be worth going on chain for, and get the community to rally around these ideas.

I also think Lil Nouns should consider founding an international outreach pod. I think it would make more sense to create a pod and fund that pod to create actionable marketing/outreach plans and implement them across every international rep we have within the pod. A structure like this helps us not reinvent the wheel and helps our eth go a much further as we create a uniform strategy that could be implemented across all of our international communities we have.

2 Likes