Nouns Blog Sponsorship - Lil Nouns DAO

What is your project in 100 characters or less

A sponsorship of articles on Nouns Blog.

What’s the biggest way this will benefit Lil Nouns DAO?

Documentation of Lil Nouns in the bigger picture of web3 + external proliferation through SEO

What stage is the project in it’s lifecycle?

• Partially complete - Our website is already up and running, but we have yet to write the articles

What have you done so far? (if applicable, provide a link to a working demo)

Check out Nouns Blog

High-Level Plan - Roadmap/Key Deliverables

Depends on the sponsorship plan chosen, but a rough outline would be:

1 week (as buffer) - discussion with the DAO on which web3 themes we would explore

• If DAO chooses “Partner” plan, personal site would be up within the week

2 weeks/1 week per article (writing, refining for SEO-optimization, publishing)
A PR writeup can be requested by the DAO.

Who is the team delivering this project?

The Nouns Blog team:

• Blowned (Writer and coordinator)
  • Pajas (Graphic Designer)
  • Xargs (Web Dev)

What experience qualifies you to deliver on this project?

Blowned - Writer in the web3 space for over a year + has seen decent SEO results from previous posts, such as ranking no.1 on Google for multiple search terms.

Pajas - Graphic designer for 3+ years and also working on Nouns News

Xargs - Web dev with decades of experience + working on other projects like being on Nouns O Clock team.

How much ETH are you asking for? Provide a cost breakdown.

We have three sponsorship plans for the DAO to choose from:

Fren (0.5 ETH): A blurb

• Shorter piece (around 600-800 words)
  • A small section on Lil Nouns

Sponsor (1.5 ETH): Full scale article

• 2K~ word article; much more depth and breadth
  • Section of around 500 words on Lil Nouns + linking throughout the piece
  • Opportunity to embed videos/podcasts into the article
  • Optional PR (Press Release) from Blowned - we can discuss this in further detail

Partner (2.5 ETH): Articles and much more!

• 2 Full scale articles (2K words, like the Sponsor tier)
  • Everything else mentioned in Sponsor tier
  • A personal subdomain blog site for Lil Nouns (Check out [SZNouns’ Nouns Blog] (sznouns.nouns.blog) fork/ [Xargs personal Nouns Blog site] (xargs.nouns.blog) for a good idea - maybe Lil Nouns community members can also contribute on this new blog?)
  • Logo featured on our homepage

Also hope that 1 Lil Noun can be granted to Blowned for the Prop coordination + any follow ups - can see Nouns Blog playing a huge role to community documentation in Lil Nouns. Specifically looking at 101 Nouns Onboarding @lilmikegood :wink:

Will you require additional funding after this?

• No; unless you’d like another round of articles of course!

Have you received/requested funding for this idea elsewhere?

• Yes (We have written articles for Nouns + other subdaos before)
  • No (We have not received/requested funding elsewhere regarding the articles we wish to write for Lil Nouns)

gm Blowned. Thanks for the submission!

If we went with Sponsor package, we would just pay 1.5 eth per article? What would be the cadence between articles? Same question for if we chose the Partner package for a more long term output.

Would you like to set up a meeting this week to discuss more details? I’d like to get a better understanding of your plan and the content you would be writing about if we made this a long term project the DAO decides to fund!

Would you also consider doing a pilot article? We can negotiate price for a pilot, and with community support, figure out an extension? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Hey Al, lovely to hear back from you!

Yes, the sponsor plan comes with 1 article of around 2K words (this is the best length for SEO purposes).

By cadence, do you mean frequency of articles? At the moment these plans only accommodate 1 article (or 2 for the partner plan), and we’ll take about 1 week+ to write up and publish each article.

Not sure why a “pilot” needs to be done - because this amount is just for 1/2 articles in itself :joy:

In the long run, I’m pushing for Nouns DAO to sponsor my works on Nouns Blog.

If Lil Nouns would like to pursue something long term (liking my works), I think Lil Nouns On-boarding would be the perfect place! This grant would be a chance to prove my writing, so the community is assured I can take on a larger project.

Would love to have a chat, just that timezones are an issue for me; when are you free? Thx!

To the Lil Funding committee,

Any updates on the situation? Would really love to continue pursuing this prop and happy to discuss any modifications to better suit Lil Nouns DAO’s needs.

Thanks.