Lil Nouns Upvote - Visual Interactive Web App for Lil Grants Tracker

Lil Nouns Upvote is a community upvote web app for projects that were funded through lil grants, with project meta data included. I thought it would be cool to build a interactive upvoting system for all projects up and running in the lil grants tracker. This is a simple build so community members have a real time search bar to interact with funded projects in a visual way, and also have access to the funding information and direct links to projects they would like to keep up with.

The web app will give all community members the opportunity to submit their projects for listing (no email required). Projects will be curated, and published once every two weeks.

This upvote web app is a bit different from the one being built by the DAO internally.

This one will focus on projects funded by lil grants, that are already up and running. The project is live and currently in (Beta).
lilnounsvote

Retro funding ask (2) ETH.

1 Like

The lil nouns noggles in the header area will direct community members to the lil nouns DAO proposal idea’s upvote system “Prop Lot”

The upvote grants tracker is optimized for thousand’s of projects by simply writing user friendly queries in the real time search bar.

For example: Query the number 2 and the returned results will be all projects funded 2 ETH. Community members can also query by name, giving a returned result of all projects a builder participated in.

Are the projects are are published manually updated once every two weeks?

that’s the goal for now, hopefully will have season 2 projects listed soon, once the data is available.

But we do have lil grant tracker right?
Will this be a double job? Or this is a level up of that?

at the moment we’ve been using notion as the grants tracker, this tool creates a more interactive way to stay up to date with projects, query the data, and analyze it in a more user friendly manner. in the future this may also be used to add prop house winners as well. at the moment there is no visual dashboard to query and analyze funded projects so this would be a start.

2 Likes

i really like the idea of every project we funded can be seen in one place. Awesome idea

2 Likes

this is 1 vote per IP address? so it can be gamed by VPN? d we need want all sites like this to be token gated.

IMO we probably should if data leads to decisions that lead to money being spent.

rather than using the tool for upvoting projects to be compensated, its more relative for query related purposes, and showcasing projects already funded. kind of like product hunt. this keeps it less incentivized against using sybil attacks, while also giving non holders the ability to interact with their favorite projects. a VPN could alter the use of multi upvoting, but the goal is to prevent any incentive for such behavior.

1 Like

What is your project in 100 characters or less

Lil Nouns Upvote is a community upvote web app for projects that were funded through lil grants, with project meta data included.

What’s the biggest way this will benefit Lil Nouns DAO?

This is a simple build so community members have a real time search bar to interact with funded projects in a visual way, and also have access to the funding information and direct links to projects they would like to keep up with.

What stage is the project in it’s lifecycle?

The project is completed, and will be updated once every two weeks with updates to the interface as needed, and community feedback and suggestions.

• Done (Requesting retroactive funding)

What have you done so far? (if applicable, provide a link to a working demo)

lil nouns vote

High-Level Plan - Roadmap/Key Deliverables

to build an interactive way to query projects, and community members can use that data to prevent overlap of funded projects, also designed to keep community members up to date, as the data log of funded projects scale.

Who is the team delivering this project?

corgie

What experience qualifies you to deliver on this project?

I have been apart of the lil nouns dao community for a couple of months, co builder of the lil nouns weekly newsletter.

How much ETH are you asking for? Provide a cost breakdown.

Retro funding ask is for building the project over a couple months in addition to help keep the lights on for the project.

ask 2 ETH for delivering a public good, this ask also helps maintain the deliverables of the project overtime.

Will you require additional funding after this?

• No

This project is not intended for any additional funding, the retro ask is apart of keeping up with the project.

Have you received/requested funding for this idea elsewhere?

• No

Hi Corgie,

The more I’ve given this thought, the more I have a hard time wanting to commit to building out a new site to house this information. We are currently working to consolidate as much information into lil-nouns.center as possible and this idea is very similar to what we are trying to push folks to submit here: Projects | Lil Nouns Center

I think I’m also a bit confused on the purpose of ranking stuff we already funded? Just like an approval tracker of the DAO’s opinions of what we’ve already funded?

lil nouns upvote has been shut down, I hope this makes you happy. It’s impossible to build within this DAO without facing internal thoughts of what the DAO is building, and how the DAO wants that information sourced. The scrutiny is within the need to talk down builders if it is deemed so much as if what we build is a conflict within the internal control. lil nouns upvote is one less conflict of judgement out the way, not every project build needs to be token gated or have wallet access, hopefully there comes a point where builders can build and be acknowledged for their efforts of proliferation through proof of work vs otherwise.